Pro-gun Senator-designate Gillibrand should see heartbreak at Brooklyn HS
The Brooklyn high school attended by an honor student killed by a stray bullet wants our new pro-gun senator to drop by for a visit.
Principal Barbara Gil of Nazareth Regional High School also extends an invitation to our governor, who appointed Kirsten Gillibrand despite her active efforts against gun control.
"If Gov. Paterson or Ms. Gillibrand want to know firsthand the effect guns on the street have, let them come to Nazareth and speak to my kids who will tell them of the heartache and fear they have," Gil said.
"Many have lost friends and loved ones to gun violence; many... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft