Proposed Trump-Putin meeting at White House is put off
WASHINGTON (AP) — That White House summit President Donald Trump proposed with Russian President Vladimir Putin isn't going to happen anytime soon.
National security adviser John Bolton points to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election as the reason for the delay. Bolton referred to the investigation as a "witch hunt," a term Trump often uses to dismiss the probe.
The White House said Trump decided against trying to arrange the meeting for this fall. While the Russian leader has sent signals he isn't interested in visiting... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'