Prosecutors: Cosby used fame and fortune to hide his crimes
PHILADELPHIA — Suburban prosecutors on Tuesday accused Bill Cosby's "cadre of high-priced lawyers" of stretching the truth as they try again to get a sexual-assault case against him thrown out.
The two sides have filed dueling legal briefs before a key pretrial hearing next month. The Nov. 1 hearing could determine if the case moves forward, if more accusers testify and whether jurors can hear Cosby's prior testimony about giving women drugs and alcohol before trying to have sex with them.
Cosby's lawyers complain it's unfair to make him defend events from a 2004 sexual encounter.... read more
- 16:10 Source: ASU football to hire ex-Sun Devil Derek Hagan
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap