Prosecutors indict 5 Lotte family members on corruption
SEOUL, South Korea – South Korean prosecutors say they are indicting the Lotte Group's founder, his mistress and all of his three children on embezzlement, tax evasion and other charges.
Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office said Wednesday that five family members including Lotte's founder Shin Kyuk-ho and the group's current chair, Shin Dong-bin, together allegedly evaded total $76 million in taxes and embezzled $46 million of company funds.
The prosecutors said they also incurred $123 million of losses for Lotte companies due to their outsized influence.
Founding families that... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...