Prosecutors indict 5 Lotte family members on corruption
SEOUL, South Korea – South Korean prosecutors say they are indicting the Lotte Group's founder, his mistress and all of his three children on embezzlement, tax evasion and other charges.
Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office said Wednesday that five family members including Lotte's founder Shin Kyuk-ho and the group's current chair, Shin Dong-bin, together allegedly evaded total $76 million in taxes and embezzled $46 million of company funds.
The prosecutors said they also incurred $123 million of losses for Lotte companies due to their outsized influence.
Founding families that... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler