Public Advocate Bill de Blasio and City Council Speaker Christine Quinn bump heads over pork
Two Democratic mayoral candidates roasted each other over pork Wednesday in the aftermath of the GOP bribery scandal.
Public Advocate Bill de Blasio seized upon the bust of Dan Halloran — the fourth recent arrest of a City Council member on charges of misuing funds — as a reason to end the controversial practice of doling out money for councilmembers’ favorite local projects.
Halloran (R-Queens) told an undercover agent posing as a real estate developer that he could dole out Council money in return for cash, prosecutors charge.
“This is one arrest too many, and it's time to just end it,”... read more
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida
- 09:54 Trump's personal attorney has dropped a pair of libel suits