Public Advocate Bill de Blasio and City Council Speaker Christine Quinn bump heads over pork
Two Democratic mayoral candidates roasted each other over pork Wednesday in the aftermath of the GOP bribery scandal.
Public Advocate Bill de Blasio seized upon the bust of Dan Halloran — the fourth recent arrest of a City Council member on charges of misuing funds — as a reason to end the controversial practice of doling out money for councilmembers’ favorite local projects.
Halloran (R-Queens) told an undercover agent posing as a real estate developer that he could dole out Council money in return for cash, prosecutors charge.
“This is one arrest too many, and it's time to just end it,”... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it