Public Advocate pushes legislation to fight wage theft with hotline, annual reporting
Public Advocate Letitia James will introduce legislation cracking down on wage theft, she announced Tuesday.
James is pushing the city to create an anonymous wage theft hotline and report annually on the number of complaints received.
RELATED: CARWASH KINGPIN TO PAY $3.9M FOR LABOR VIOLATIONS: AG
Richard Harbus/for New York Daily News State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman revealed a Manhattan McDonald’s owner owes cheated workers out of almost $500,000. read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance