Q&A: Gridiron Club President Don Kile's vision to save Phoenix-area community college football
After the Maricopa County Community College District announced this week that it was going to eliminate football after the 2018 season at its four schools -- Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale and Phoenix -- Don Kile, president of the Grand Canyon State Gridiron Club quickly went to work to propose a plan on how it can be saved beyond next year.
Kile answered some questions from azcentral sports on the Gridiron Club's strategy:
Has anybody from MCCCD been receptive to your proposal?
"Yes. The immediate and appropriate response was a simple acknowledgement that they received our proposal and a... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today