Q&A: Gridiron Club President Don Kile's vision to save Phoenix-area community college football
After the Maricopa County Community College District announced this week that it was going to eliminate football after the 2018 season at its four schools -- Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale and Phoenix -- Don Kile, president of the Grand Canyon State Gridiron Club quickly went to work to propose a plan on how it can be saved beyond next year.
Kile answered some questions from azcentral sports on the Gridiron Club's strategy:
Has anybody from MCCCD been receptive to your proposal?
"Yes. The immediate and appropriate response was a simple acknowledgement that they received our proposal and a... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case