Qatar-based firm buys 'Pulp Fiction' studio Miramax
Qatar-based beIN Media Group has bought the U.S.-based film and television studio Miramax.
A joint statement announcing the deal late Wednesday said the Doha-based firm purchased 100% of Miramax from shareholders including the Qatar Investment Authority and U.S. investment firm Colony Capital.
Miramax, whose headquarters are in Santa Monica, Calif., is behind films including Pulp Fiction, Chicago and The English Patient. The value of the deal wasn't disclosed.
“We are extremely excited to have achieved this key milestone within our strategy,” Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, beIN Media Group’s chairman... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold