Qatar-based firm buys 'Pulp Fiction' studio Miramax
Qatar-based beIN Media Group has bought the U.S.-based film and television studio Miramax.
A joint statement announcing the deal late Wednesday said the Doha-based firm purchased 100% of Miramax from shareholders including the Qatar Investment Authority and U.S. investment firm Colony Capital.
Miramax, whose headquarters are in Santa Monica, Calif., is behind films including Pulp Fiction, Chicago and The English Patient. The value of the deal wasn't disclosed.
“We are extremely excited to have achieved this key milestone within our strategy,” Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, beIN Media Group’s chairman... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco