Questions and answers about security clearances
WASHINGTON (AP) — Rob Porter, who resigned as President Donald Trump's staff secretary following allegations of spousal abuse, was one of as many as two dozen senior White House officials, including the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who hold interim security clearances.
Kushner is still working without a permanent security clearance, according to an administration official familiar the process but not authorized to discuss it publicly.
Interim clearances are routinely issued — some because of a massive government backlog of hundreds of thousands of security clearance reviews.... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...