Questions and answers about security clearances
WASHINGTON (AP) — Rob Porter, who resigned as President Donald Trump's staff secretary following allegations of spousal abuse, was one of as many as two dozen senior White House officials, including the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who hold interim security clearances.
Kushner is still working without a permanent security clearance, according to an administration official familiar the process but not authorized to discuss it publicly.
Interim clearances are routinely issued — some because of a massive government backlog of hundreds of thousands of security clearance reviews.... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve