R&B star The Weeknd arrested in Vegas brawl
Canadian R&B artist The Weeknd was arrested in Las Vegas after police say he punched an officer in the head.
The singer, who has penned two new tracks for the steamy 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack, was arrested early Saturday in a hotel on the strip after a brawl.
'Grey' already generates heat over its music
Las Vegas Police Officer Laura Meltzer told AP that The Weeknd (real name: Abel Tesfaye), 24, was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery of a protected person and taken to the Clark County Detention Center.
Meltzer says police were trying to break up a fight when... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...