Race for Houston Congressional race nearly at $1 million
Nearly $1 million has already being loaded into one of Houston's hottest Congressional races, according to the latest campaign finance records filed with the Federal Election Commission.
Wealthy Houston businessman and Democrat Tahir Javed loaned his campaign $400,000 in addition to more than $245,000 he raised from donors in his quest to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Gene Green in Congress. After spending nearly $95,000 Javed had just over $522,000 in his campaign account to start 2018.
That gives him a financial edge over State Sen. Sylvia Garcia, a Houston Democrat who raised $251,000 at... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants