Rain moves into Phoenix area; snow expected in Arizona high country
Rain moved across the Phoenix area late Tuesday afternoon, starting in the West Valley, then heading east into central parts of Phoenix and the rest of the Valley, as a cold front made its way into Arizona.
The storm was expected to bring more snow to higher elevations as well, less than a week after winter weather pelted many areas.
The National Weather Service is predicting about a quarter-inch of rain for the Phoenix area Tuesday night. High winds are expected to accompany the front in some areas.
CLOSE Light rain and wind come through downtown Phoenix on Feb. 27, 2018. Thomas... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House