Ramirez sacks another top aide in latest Osceola courthouse controversy
Once rumored to be Osceola Clerk of Court Armando Ramirez's next chief deputy, Marta Moczo-Santiago was fired late Wednesday without explanation, according to a brief statement released today.
The high-level firing was the second since Ramirez took office in Jan. 8 in an administration marked by three months of controversy that included cutting hourly workers' benefits while creating $60,000 jobs for appointees.
"The dismissal was in the best interest of the clerk's office and its employees," Ramirez said in a written statement.
Topics Employment Employment Opportunities New York... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance