Rapper set to die for killing studio owner
HUNTSVILLE, Texas -- Attorneys for a former San Antonio rap musician are looking to federal appeals courts to spare him from a lethal injection for an attack and robbery more than 15 years ago that left a 33-year-old recording studio owner dead.
Ray Jasper faces lethal injection Wednesday evening in Huntsville for the November 1998 stabbing death of David Alejandro (ah-lay-HAHN'-droh).
The 33-year-old inmate acknowledges he cut Alejandro's throat to steal equipment from the victim's San Antonio studio, but he insists a partner was responsible for Alejandro's fatal stab wounds. Two men with... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case