Rare whales spotted off Madagascar coast
Scientists recently spotted record numbers of one of the world’s rarest whales off the coast of Madagascar.
New England Aquarium scientist Salvatore Cerchio and a team of scientists made 80 individual sightings of the mysterious Omura’s whales in November 2015, the aquarium said Thursday.
Despite being 33 to 38-feet-long, the whales have remained relatively elusive, and until last October had never been filmed in the wild, according to a statement from the New England Aquarium.
The whales were discovered a little over a decade ago, and little is known about the Omura's whales or how many... read more
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...