Rare whales spotted off Madagascar coast
Scientists recently spotted record numbers of one of the world’s rarest whales off the coast of Madagascar.
New England Aquarium scientist Salvatore Cerchio and a team of scientists made 80 individual sightings of the mysterious Omura’s whales in November 2015, the aquarium said Thursday.
Despite being 33 to 38-feet-long, the whales have remained relatively elusive, and until last October had never been filmed in the wild, according to a statement from the New England Aquarium.
The whales were discovered a little over a decade ago, and little is known about the Omura's whales or how many... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings