Rays rap Worley in 11-3 win against Twins
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Twins starter Vance Worley allowed 11 hits and seven earned runs in Minnesota's 11-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday night.
Worley's spring ERA rose to 13.50 and didn't get through the third inning.
Among eight Twins out of minor-league options, Worley is battling fellow right-handers Sam Deduno and Kyle Gibson and left-hander Scott Diamond for the final rotation spot.
"First inning I wasn't able to get the ball down in the zone, and they hit the ball pretty much everywhere," Worley said. "Third inning, we thought we had everything on the right path,... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat