Rays rap Worley in 11-3 win against Twins
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Twins starter Vance Worley allowed 11 hits and seven earned runs in Minnesota's 11-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday night.
Worley's spring ERA rose to 13.50 and didn't get through the third inning.
Among eight Twins out of minor-league options, Worley is battling fellow right-handers Sam Deduno and Kyle Gibson and left-hander Scott Diamond for the final rotation spot.
"First inning I wasn't able to get the ball down in the zone, and they hit the ball pretty much everywhere," Worley said. "Third inning, we thought we had everything on the right path,... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco