Rebound impressive, but more big hurdles await J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney’s sharply improved second-quarter results were impressive, but the retailer has big hurdles to overcome before it can start to repay its debt.
Customer traffic is still down from a year ago, Penney said Thursday as it announced that its second-quarter sales were up 6 percent. Penney also sharply cut its losses.
Analysts believe Penney needs to get back $2 billion to $3 billion of the $5.6 billion in sales it lost in 2012 and 2013, when a reinvention of the department store failed, sending Penney shoppers elsewhere.
That’s the big-picture call for J.C. Penney, said Piper Jaffray... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown