Recap: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Pablo Sandoval stroked a two-run homer and the San Francisco Giants took a 5-3 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in Wednesday's rubber match of a three-game set.
Hunter Pence added a solo homer and the Giants received an RBI from starting pitcher Tim Lincecum (1-0), who was effectively wild over five innings.
After a rough 2012 campaign, Lincecum was far from his former dominant self in his first start of the season, tying a career-high with seven walks. He only gave up three hits, though, and while he allowed two runs, neither were earned.
Sergio Romo locked down the save in the ninth... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida