Recap: Texas vs. Chicago Cubs
Surprise, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Michael Choice's two-out single in the bottom of the 10th lifted the Texas Rangers to a 7-6 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday.
Jim Adduci's two-run homer in the bottom of the eighth forced extra innings for Texas, while J.P. Arencibia, Alex Rios and Kevin Kouzmanoff each knocked in runs for the Rangers. Texas starter Alexi Ogando allowed five runs -- none earned -- in three innings pitched with four strikeouts.
Mike Olt and Javier Baez each hit homers for the Cubs, who saw starter Jason Hammel allow four earned runs over five innings of work.
- 21:03 Running world embraces Desiree Linden after Boston Marathon victory
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...