Record-setting Bagdad QB Israel Loveall impacted by Granite Mountain Hotshots
Israel Loveall still has vivid memories of that June 30th day in 2013 when 19 lives -- men called the Granite Mountain Hotshots -- were lost while battling the Yarnell Hill fire northwest of Phoenix.
"Part of our football team went and took stuff down there and helped out," said Loveall, who was entering the eighth grade then. "I went down and helped."
Bagdad is about 50 miles northwest of Yarnell.
"Since then, I wanted to be a firefighter. My older brother James is pursuing that now."
Loveall wants to be a helicopter pilot and fight wildfires.
First, the... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow