Record-setting Bagdad QB Israel Loveall impacted by Granite Mountain Hotshots
Israel Loveall still has vivid memories of that June 30th day in 2013 when 19 lives -- men called the Granite Mountain Hotshots -- were lost while battling the Yarnell Hill fire northwest of Phoenix.
"Part of our football team went and took stuff down there and helped out," said Loveall, who was entering the eighth grade then. "I went down and helped."
Bagdad is about 50 miles northwest of Yarnell.
"Since then, I wanted to be a firefighter. My older brother James is pursuing that now."
Loveall wants to be a helicopter pilot and fight wildfires.
First, the... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it