Records: Higley schools' IT director OK'd $200K to uncle now tied to Scottsdale controversy
Among the controversies surrounding Scottsdale schools superintendent Denise Birdwell — who was placed on leave from her job last week — was the criticism that she hired a man named Louis Hartwell, the brother of a close friend.
Several years earlier, while Birdwell was running the Higley Unified School District, she hired another relative of that same friend: the woman's son, David Ligon, who was Higley’s technology director for four years.
In 2009 and 2010, Ligon signed off on 31 separate purchases totaling more than $200,000 from a contractor providing IT and other services.
That... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House