Records: Higley schools' IT director OK'd $200K to uncle now tied to Scottsdale controversy
Among the controversies surrounding Scottsdale schools superintendent Denise Birdwell — who was placed on leave from her job last week — was the criticism that she hired a man named Louis Hartwell, the brother of a close friend.
Several years earlier, while Birdwell was running the Higley Unified School District, she hired another relative of that same friend: the woman's son, David Ligon, who was Higley’s technology director for four years.
In 2009 and 2010, Ligon signed off on 31 separate purchases totaling more than $200,000 from a contractor providing IT and other services.
That... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House