Red Sox notebook: Michael Kopech hurts hand in roommate fight
SARASOTA, Fla. — Michael Kopech, one of the Red Sox’ top pitching prospects, is in trouble again.
The right-hander broke his pitching hand in an altercation with his roommate a couple of days ago, Sox general manager Mike Hazen said yesterday.
A timetable for Kopech’s return to action is unavailable pending further tests which will dictate what course of action will be necessary to heal what Hazen called a “small fracture.”
What is not in doubt is that the 19-year-old Kopech, a first-round draft pick less than two years ago, has landed himself in serious trouble for the second time in less... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes