Red Wings revive playoff hopes, but lose Jonathan Ericsson (broken finger)
DETROIT -- Tomas Tatar was all over his locker-room neighbor, laughingly needling Gustav Nyquist to reveal all about his good night.
The Red Wings resuscitated their playoff dreams and bought themselves a little levity with a spirited 3-2 victory Tuesday night at Joe Louis Arena. Nyquist scored twice, rushing the length of the ice as a one-man force both times, and wily former Senator Daniel Alfredsson stuck it to his longtime foes one more time, delivering the game-winning goal with minutes to spare in regulation.
"Gus' two efforts, his skating abilities, opening up chances that might... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat