Rep. Duckworth slams ‘tasteless’ GOP tweet
WASHINGTON — Illinois Senate candidate Rep. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., criticized the National Republican Senatorial Committee for releasing a tweet that appeared to be a swipe at her status as a disabled veteran.
Earlier in the day, the NRSC released a now-deleted tweet saying, “Tammy Duckworth has a sad record of not standing up for our veterans.” Duckworth lost both of her legs during the Iraq War while piloting a helicopter.
In response, Duckworth’s deputy campaign manager and spokesman, Matt McGrath, criticized the tweet.
“Tasteless and dishonest, just like everything else to do with... read more
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...