Rep. Duckworth slams ‘tasteless’ GOP tweet
WASHINGTON — Illinois Senate candidate Rep. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., criticized the National Republican Senatorial Committee for releasing a tweet that appeared to be a swipe at her status as a disabled veteran.
Earlier in the day, the NRSC released a now-deleted tweet saying, “Tammy Duckworth has a sad record of not standing up for our veterans.” Duckworth lost both of her legs during the Iraq War while piloting a helicopter.
In response, Duckworth’s deputy campaign manager and spokesman, Matt McGrath, criticized the tweet.
“Tasteless and dishonest, just like everything else to do with... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...