Report: Arizona Cardinals ask Tyrann Mathieu to take a pay cut
The Cardinals asked safety Tyrann Mathieu to take a pay cut on Thursday, Mathieu said during a visit to the NFL Network.
The news, reported by NFL.com, was expected. If Mathieu is on the Cardinals roster on Wednesday, the first day of the league year, $18.75 million of his contract becomes guaranteed.
Mathieu said he is open to restructuring the contract, but that's not necessarily the same as being open to a pay cut.
“But taking money out of my pocket, I don't like how that feels,” he said, according to Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com.
RELATED: Could Cardinals afford quarterback Kirk Cousins?... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...