Report: Arizona Cardinals ask Tyrann Mathieu to take a pay cut
The Cardinals asked safety Tyrann Mathieu to take a pay cut on Thursday, Mathieu said during a visit to the NFL Network.
The news, reported by NFL.com, was expected. If Mathieu is on the Cardinals roster on Wednesday, the first day of the league year, $18.75 million of his contract becomes guaranteed.
Mathieu said he is open to restructuring the contract, but that's not necessarily the same as being open to a pay cut.
“But taking money out of my pocket, I don't like how that feels,” he said, according to Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com.
RELATED: Could Cardinals afford quarterback Kirk Cousins?... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...