Report: Fiat Chrysler may drop diesels from car lineup
CLOSE Its roots trace back to World War II.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will end diesel passenger car production by 2022, but not necessarily from trucks, according to a published report.
The plan, reported Sunday in the Financial Times, follows a drop in consumer demand in Europe following the fallout from the Volkswagen emissions scandal, where the German company installed software able to cheat emissions tests on millions of vehicles, as well as heightened interest from regulators.
Fiat Chrysler, which does not currently sell any diesel cars in the United States or Canada, but they are... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House