Report: Melania, Bill won't have to shake hands at debate after Clinton request
Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump’s respective spouses won’t have to cross paths and shake hands before Wednesday night’s debate because the Clinton campaign reportedly has been granted a change in protocol.
During the first two 2016 presidential debates, Melania Trump and Bill Clinton shook hands at the start of the debate.
But the Clinton campaign has asked the Commission on Presidential Debates that the respective spouses and families be allowed to enter the debate Wednesday night in Las Vegas closer to their seats so they won’t have to cross paths and shake hands, sources told The New... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler