Report: More new cars leased than ever
Americans are leasing more new vehicles than ever and borrowing more than ever when they buy, says Experian Automotive in its quarterly “State of Automotive Financing” report issued Thursday.
A third of new car and truck transactions in the last three months of 2015 were leases, up from 29.9% a year earlier and more than 10 percentage points higher than the level in the fourth quarter of 2011.
The average new auto loan also reached a record $29,551, up 4% from a year earlier
This data comes one week after Fitch Ratings reported that delinquencies of securities backed by subprime auto loans... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft