Report: Progress, challenges on Race to the Top
MIAMI -- The U.S. Department of Education says Florida is showing progress in implementing a $700 million Race to the Top grant designed to spur student improvement and lift low-performing schools, but the state is still facing a number of challenges.
A department report released Wednesday finds the state is on track in meeting graduation rate and college enrollment targets. Florida has also exceeded the goals it set for enrolling students in advanced science, technology, engineering and math courses.
However, the state experienced delays in executing a professional development contract and... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...