Report: Progress, challenges on Race to the Top
MIAMI -- The U.S. Department of Education says Florida is showing progress in implementing a $700 million Race to the Top grant designed to spur student improvement and lift low-performing schools, but the state is still facing a number of challenges.
A department report released Wednesday finds the state is on track in meeting graduation rate and college enrollment targets. Florida has also exceeded the goals it set for enrolling students in advanced science, technology, engineering and math courses.
However, the state experienced delays in executing a professional development contract and... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft