Report: Roger Goodell paid $34.1 million in 2014 compensation
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was paid $34.1 million in 2014 compensation, ESPN reported Tuesday, citing a tax filing by the league.
The figure accounts for Goodell's total salary, bonuses and pension compensation.
Goodell earned $35 million in total compensation in 2013. In 2012, he earned $44.2 million, but that figure included a one-time deferred payment of $9 million.
Goodell's pay has long been a point of contention for many, with President Obama remarking in a GQ interview last November, "I cannot believe that the commissioner of football gets paid $44 million a year.”
The NFL... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco