Report: Roger Goodell paid $34.1 million in 2014 compensation
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was paid $34.1 million in 2014 compensation, ESPN reported Tuesday, citing a tax filing by the league.
The figure accounts for Goodell's total salary, bonuses and pension compensation.
Goodell earned $35 million in total compensation in 2013. In 2012, he earned $44.2 million, but that figure included a one-time deferred payment of $9 million.
Goodell's pay has long been a point of contention for many, with President Obama remarking in a GQ interview last November, "I cannot believe that the commissioner of football gets paid $44 million a year.”
The NFL... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike