Report: US, Toyota may reach settlement in probe
TOKYO The Wall Street Journal is reporting the U.S. Justice Department may reach a $ 1 billion settlement with Toyota Motor Corp., ending a four-year criminal investigation into the Japanese automaker's disclosure of safety problems.
Toyota declined comment Wednesday on the report, which said a settlement still could fall apart. It said it is cooperating with the U.S. Attorney's office.
The investigation focuses on whether Toyota was forthright in reporting quality problems related to unintended acceleration troubles.
Starting in 2009, Toyota issued massive recalls, mostly in the U.S.,... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely