Reports: Saudi, Qatar, Russia, Venezuela agree to freeze oil production
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Russia and Venezuela on Tuesday agreed to freeze oil production at January levels if other oil-producing countries did the same, according to media reports.
It followed a meeting of energy ministers in Doha, Qatar.
"After the meeting four countries — Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Venezuela — are willing to freeze oil production at the level of January, if other manufacturers join the initiative," said Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak, according to the TASS news agency.
Oil prices pared earlier gains after reports of the agreement emerged.
Benchmark... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing