Republicans claim victory after high court redistricting decision
AUSTIN -- Texas Republicans claimed victory Wednesday after the U.S. Supreme Court just hours earlier blocked two lower court rulings that required the state to redraw some congressional and state House districts because the boundaries drawn by the legislature discriminated against minorities.
At the same time, attorneys and advocates for minority and civil rights groups fighting the maps vowed to make the victory only temporary, predicting they will win when the entire high court hears the case.
Late Tuesday, a divided U.S. Supreme Court granting a request from Texas that it not be forced... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:25 Science fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin has died
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor
- 16:51 Chilean 'anti-poet' Nicanor Parra dies at 103