Republicans claim victory after high court redistricting decision
AUSTIN -- Texas Republicans claimed victory Wednesday after the U.S. Supreme Court just hours earlier blocked two lower court rulings that required the state to redraw some congressional and state House districts because the boundaries drawn by the legislature discriminated against minorities.
At the same time, attorneys and advocates for minority and civil rights groups fighting the maps vowed to make the victory only temporary, predicting they will win when the entire high court hears the case.
Late Tuesday, a divided U.S. Supreme Court granting a request from Texas that it not be forced... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 17:55 Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct