Republicans claim victory after high court redistricting decision
AUSTIN -- Texas Republicans claimed victory Wednesday after the U.S. Supreme Court just hours earlier blocked two lower court rulings that required the state to redraw some congressional and state House districts because the boundaries drawn by the legislature discriminated against minorities.
At the same time, attorneys and advocates for minority and civil rights groups fighting the maps vowed to make the victory only temporary, predicting they will win when the entire high court hears the case.
Late Tuesday, a divided U.S. Supreme Court granting a request from Texas that it not be forced... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree