Researchers learn pythons have good homing skills
MIAMI -- Aside from being scarily large and voracious, Burmese pythons also are really good at finding their way home, according to new research conducted in Florida's Everglades.
The discovery about pythons' unusual navigational abilities doesn't much help wildlife agencies desperately trying to curb the invasive snake's population in the fragile wetlands. It might be something reptile owners should think about, though, if they've considered illegally dumping an unwanted pet python in the wild.
"This is like the difference between homing pigeons and other birds," said the... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt