Researchers learn pythons have good homing skills
MIAMI -- Aside from being scarily large and voracious, Burmese pythons also are really good at finding their way home, according to new research conducted in Florida's Everglades.
The discovery about pythons' unusual navigational abilities doesn't much help wildlife agencies desperately trying to curb the invasive snake's population in the fragile wetlands. It might be something reptile owners should think about, though, if they've considered illegally dumping an unwanted pet python in the wild.
"This is like the difference between homing pigeons and other birds," said the... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced