Review: 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot' finds Tina Fey at her wartime best
A cable news producer (Tina Fey) takes on a daring new assignment in Afghanistan, and finds herself in the middle of a chaotic war zone.
In taking Tina Fey to war, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot utilizes her comedic weaponry while also showing she’s well armed with dramatic chops, too.
Boasting the fish-way-out-of-water nature of Private Benjamin and M.A.S.H.’s absurdity and grotesquerie of battle, the comedy (*** out of four; rated R; in theaters nationwide Friday) tries to get real about embedded journalists in “the suck” of mid-2000s Afghanistan. It wobbles in terms of an authentic feel, yet... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...