Review: 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot' finds Tina Fey at her wartime best
A cable news producer (Tina Fey) takes on a daring new assignment in Afghanistan, and finds herself in the middle of a chaotic war zone.
In taking Tina Fey to war, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot utilizes her comedic weaponry while also showing she’s well armed with dramatic chops, too.
Boasting the fish-way-out-of-water nature of Private Benjamin and M.A.S.H.’s absurdity and grotesquerie of battle, the comedy (*** out of four; rated R; in theaters nationwide Friday) tries to get real about embedded journalists in “the suck” of mid-2000s Afghanistan. It wobbles in terms of an authentic feel, yet... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely