Rex Tillerson returns to his college roots Thursday at the University of Texas
AUSTIN -- On his one-year anniversary with the Trump administration, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is returning to his roots.
Before departing on a diplomatic trip to Mexico and then South America, Tillerson was scheduled to address an audience at the University of Texas, where he earned his bachelor's degree in 1975.
Tillerson's speech at Blanton Auditorium on the University of Texas campus was expected to address "U.S. engagement in the Western Hemisphere."
Tillerson, 65, is a native Texan who went to high school in Huntsville.
His tenure in the Trump administration has... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died