Rex Tillerson returns to his college roots Thursday at the University of Texas
AUSTIN -- On his one-year anniversary with the Trump administration, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is returning to his roots.
Before departing on a diplomatic trip to Mexico and then South America, Tillerson was scheduled to address an audience at the University of Texas, where he earned his bachelor's degree in 1975.
Tillerson's speech at Blanton Auditorium on the University of Texas campus was expected to address "U.S. engagement in the Western Hemisphere."
Tillerson, 65, is a native Texan who went to high school in Huntsville.
His tenure in the Trump administration has... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...