Rex Tillerson says Venezuelan president could 'choose to just leave'
AUSTIN -- U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson used a stop at his alma mater on Thursday to continue to put more heat on Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro and reminded the audience that historically in South America when conditions get so bad the military often "handles that."
Speaking at the University of Texas, where he graduated in 1975, Tillerson stressed that the Trump administration has not advocated for regime change, but said the best thing for Venezuela would be for Maduro to go.
"President Maduro could choose to just leave," Tillerson, 65, said. "That'd... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'