Rex Tillerson says Venezuelan president could 'choose to just leave'
AUSTIN -- U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson used a stop at his alma mater on Thursday to continue to put more heat on Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro and reminded the audience that historically in South America when conditions get so bad the military often "handles that."
Speaking at the University of Texas, where he graduated in 1975, Tillerson stressed that the Trump administration has not advocated for regime change, but said the best thing for Venezuela would be for Maduro to go.
"President Maduro could choose to just leave," Tillerson, 65, said. "That'd... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki