Right field still question mark for Pirates
BRADENTON, Fla. -- Less than two weeks away from opening day, the Pittsburgh Pirates still aren't sure who will start in right field.
Travis Snider and Jose Tabata are the leading candidates to be in the lineup with the Pirates host the Chicago Cubs on March 31 in what is likely their last real shot to stick with Pittsburgh. The Pirates are grooming prospect Gregor Polanco to eventually inherit the position. Polanco will start the season at Triple-A Indianapolis.
Snider has the early lead in the race so far. He's batting .308 this spring while Tabata has struggled.
General manager Neal... read more
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida
- 09:54 Trump's personal attorney has dropped a pair of libel suits