Rising GOP figure Tom Cotton in Iowa as Trump faces turmoil
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton was meeting Friday with Republican activists in the early presidential testing ground of Iowa, walking a delicate path by raising his national political profile at a time of turmoil for Donald Trump's White House.
The 40-yer-old freshman Republican senator was scheduled to headline the Pottawattamie County Republican Party's annual fundraiser in Council Bluffs in conservative western Iowa. It's a role thick with presidential implications despite Trump's solid standing among Iowa Republicans less than four months into his term.
(Story... read more
- 20:19 Veteran shot by Mesa PD sought treatment from Phoenix VA, wife says
- 20:14 Diamondbacks clinch playoff spot, home field in NL wild card game
- 19:38 Arizona groups send supplies to Mexico after 3 disastrous earthquakes
- 19:04 Fitzgerald, Witten share same values, talents and at least one more...
- 18:39 Stanford turns to K.J. Costello at QB after Chryst injury, wins big
- 17:25 Parents, alumni protest Great Hearts Academies' transgender policy
- 17:25 Two men killed in plane crash north of Prescott
- 17:25 'It Shouldn't Hurt to be a Child': Prevent Child Abuse Arizona...
- 17:25 More than 40 flights diverted after fire alarm at Sky Harbor...
- 17:19 Diamondbacks clinch playoff spot with NL wild card berth