Rising GOP figure Tom Cotton in Iowa as Trump faces turmoil
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton was meeting Friday with Republican activists in the early presidential testing ground of Iowa, walking a delicate path by raising his national political profile at a time of turmoil for Donald Trump's White House.
The 40-yer-old freshman Republican senator was scheduled to headline the Pottawattamie County Republican Party's annual fundraiser in Council Bluffs in conservative western Iowa. It's a role thick with presidential implications despite Trump's solid standing among Iowa Republicans less than four months into his term.
(Story... read more
- 01:33 Democrats release memo rebutting GOP on Russia probe
- 01:11 Westbound Loop 202 re-opens at Cooper Road after Chandler crash
- 23:51 Crash closes westbound Loop 202 in Mesa, no estimated time of...
- 23:38 2 people critically injured after horse-drawn stagecoach hits...
- 23:30 St. Michael girls basketball repeats as 1A state champions
- 23:30 Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
- 23:17 Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day...
- 22:54 White House shelves tentative plan for Mexican leader visit
- 22:26 Trump says he's eyeing Veterans' Day for military parade
- 22:05 Rachel DeLago making history as an NHRA general manager