Rising GOP figure Tom Cotton in Iowa as Trump faces turmoil
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton was meeting Friday with Republican activists in the early presidential testing ground of Iowa, walking a delicate path by raising his national political profile at a time of turmoil for Donald Trump's White House.
The 40-yer-old freshman Republican senator was scheduled to headline the Pottawattamie County Republican Party's annual fundraiser in Council Bluffs in conservative western Iowa. It's a role thick with presidential implications despite Trump's solid standing among Iowa Republicans less than four months into his term.
(Story... read more
- 00:43 Mnuchin expresses optimism trade standoffs can be resolved
- 00:22 Birthday boy Zack Godley picks Diamondbacks up to lead win over Padres
- 00:08 Trash talk rules the day ahead of Larry Fitzgerald Celebrity...
- 22:00 'Family' and sense of 'brotherhood' has Diamondbacks picking up...
- 21:38 Moore: What happens when Larry Fitzgerald takes on a bozo sports...
- 20:07 Intriguing Arizona high school spring football story lines
- 18:07 The senators Trump will watch as the Pompeo confirmation fight unfolds
- 18:06 RHP Matt Koch earns another start in Diamondbacks rotation
- 17:27 Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim and coach Steve Wilks forming a...
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US