Rising GOP figure Tom Cotton in Iowa as Trump faces turmoil
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton was meeting Friday with Republican activists in the early presidential testing ground of Iowa, walking a delicate path by raising his national political profile at a time of turmoil for Donald Trump's White House.
The 40-yer-old freshman Republican senator was scheduled to headline the Pottawattamie County Republican Party's annual fundraiser in Council Bluffs in conservative western Iowa. It's a role thick with presidential implications despite Trump's solid standing among Iowa Republicans less than four months into his term.
(Story... read more
- 18:46 Net neutrality fight offers another contrast in 2018 Senate race
- 18:36 Grand Canyon basketball faces toughest opponent to date in San Diego
- 18:32 ASU rescinds Charlie Rose journalism award
- 17:59 6 Phoenix post offices to open on Sundays for holiday shipping
- 17:58 Coyotes Game Day: Battle of backup goaltenders on tap vs. Kings
- 17:45 Moon Valley football players invited to Territorial Cup by ASU...
- 17:13 Game Day: Buzzer-beaters becoming a habit for Devin Booker
- 16:37 ASU's Territorial Cup challenge: Containing Khalil Tate
- 16:05 Arizona firefighter accidentally shot on trip was 'everybody's friend'
- 15:50 Few Arizonans expect GOP tax-cut plan will help them, poll says