RNC sides with Trump ban of transgender people in military
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican National Committee is siding with President Donald Trump on his order to bar transgender individuals from serving in the U.S. military.
In a resolution passed at its annual winter meeting Friday, the committee voted to support Trump's August demand that military recruitment policy consider transgender as "a disqualifying psychological and physical" condition
Trump's order has suffered legal setbacks. Three federal courts have ruled against the ban, prompting the RNC to take the position standing with Trump.
An effect of one court ruling was that... read more
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans
- 08:33 Trump mad at law enforcement, lawmakers over Iran payment