Rob Manfred addresses MLB's ice-cold hot stove season, relations with players' union
Major-league players are all in favor of increasing pace of play - under the right circumstances - but they'd prefer to see Commissioner Rob Manfred do something about speeding up the dragging pace of free-agent signings.
Major League Baseball's hot stove season was ice cold this winter. And the players want to know why.
Typically, the mega free-agent deals start getting done right away in November. But it wasn't until starting pitcher Yu Darvish signed a six-year, $126 million deal with the Cubs just 10 days ago that a player on the free-agent market inked a contract worth more than $80... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston