Rockingham loses Truck Series race
ROCKINGHAM Rockingham Speedway, which began hosting NASCAR races again two years ago after an eight-year absence, will not host a Truck Series race in 2014, speedway owner Andy Hillenburg confirmed.
The one-mile track located about 90 miles southeast of Charlotte remains open for track rentals but won't be hosting any NASCAR events in 2014.
“We've got a number of issues that have to be resolved before we can host races again,” Hillenburg told the Observer on Thursday. “These issues have been mounting over the last two to three years.
“I'm not... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas