Rodriguez, Watson, Grilli lead Pirates to win No. 1
By Bill Brink / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette For six innings Wednesday night, Wandy Rodriguez slid his way through the Chicago Cubs lineup with ease.
Even when the Cubs gummed up the works in the seventh, Rodriguez wriggled free -- with some help from his bullpen. He helped the Pirates to their first win of the season, a 3-0 victory against the Cubs at PNC Park.
Rodriguez, who started preparing for the season a month early so he could pitch for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic, appeared to be in top form. He pitched 62/3 scoreless innings, walking one and striking out six.... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely