Roger Ebert's last review: A lukewarm assessment of 'The Host'
Roger Ebert's last review published before he died Thursday was on Andrew Niccol's "The Host." It makes you wish the final words of the beloved critic could have been spent on a film that was far better -- or far worse.
The 70-year-old critic wrote a mere six paragraphs about the adaptation of the Stephenie Meyer bestseller, giving the film 2 1/2 stars.
"The Host" centers on a tough-minded teenager, played by Saoirse Ronan, whose body is invaded by an alien soul, yet she retains her own identity.
Roger Ebert: Career in pictures
According to Ebert: "This leads to... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein