Rolling Stone defamation trial over rape article begins
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The woman who claimed she was gang raped in a now-discredited story in Rolling Stone magazine said the University of Virginia dean who counseled her after she came forward about her alleged assault "did everything right," an attorney said Tuesday.
The attorney's comment came during the opening of a $7.85 million defamation trial against the magazine over its November 2014 story "A Rape on Campus." It was the first time that any portion of the deposition from the woman identified in the article only as "Jackie" has been publicly revealed.... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...