Rowland-Smith: a tale of 2 teams in 2 days
SYDNEY -- Arizona Diamondbacks relief pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith is being pulled in two directions this week as Major League Baseball prepares for its season-opening series at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Make that two different teams.
The Sydney-born 31-year-old left-hander will suit up for Team Australia in Thursday night's exhibition game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, then pitch against his national team on Friday night when the Diamondbacks play the Australians.
Hanging in the balance is a spot on the Diamondbacks' opening-day 25-man roster, where manager Kirk Gibson says Rowland-Smith... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida