Rumor about Mike Rice assistant asking for $1 million makes its way on WFAN air
The fallout over Mike Rice’s firing, and who knew what when, made it hard to separate opinions from facts and rumors on WFAN.
On Wednesday’s edition of the “Boomer & Carton” show, Craig Carton said he had been hearing that Eric Murdock, the former member of Rice’s coaching staff who provided Rutgers officials with a videotape of Rice verbally and physically abusing players, wanted Rutgers to pay him $1 million to keep quiet, and keep the now infamous video private. Carton also said he had been hearing Rutgers may have offered Murdock $200,000 for his silence.
Soon after making the... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt