Russia: EU hampers talks on Ukraine
MOSCOW -- Russia's foreign ministry has denounced the decision of the president of the European Council to cancel a Moscow visit as a refusal to "hear the truth."
Herman van Rompuy was to meet with Russian officials on Wednesday but his visit has been canceled.
The foreign ministry claimed in a statement on Wednesday that van Rompuy "was not allowed" to come to Russia "by his own people." The statement said Moscow had promptly reacted to his request to visit Russia and said it was canceled at the last moment because Europe "didn't want to hear the... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents